On May 28, the Datamar team made a technical visit to the facilities of Tecon Santos Brasil in the Port of Santos.
The Datamar group was welcomed by André Vale, a specialist in competitive intelligence at Santos Brasil, who spoke about the port’s infrastructure, its day-to-day activities, and prospects for the future. The executive also addressed the importance DataLiner data in the terminal’s strategic management, emphasizing the trust he places in Datamar’s data to study his competitors and plan future activities, among other things.
Before visiting the terminal’s container yard and watching loading and unloading operations, the Datamar delegation visited the Tecon Santos Operational Control Center. Adriano Lino, Operations Planning Coordinator at Santos Brasil, demonstrated some procedures for controlling operations and how Tecon’s logistics work to guarantee maximum productivity.
Tecon Santos break down
Services performed at Tecon Santos
- Bonded storage
- Cross docking
- Spawning to warehouses and trucks
- Container stuffing
- Reefer containers handling
- Labeling and sealing operations
- Railway operations
- 610 thousand m² area
- 980-meter berth
- Two thousand outlets for reefer containers
- 12 thousand m² of warehouses
- Annual throughput of 12 million TEUs
- 39 RTGs
- 12 Reach Stackers
- 13 Ship-To-Shore Cranes
- 61 Terminal Tractors (specialized trucks)
- 57 Trucks
- Six Empty Stackers
- Four Internal rail branches
- 432 video cameras strategically installed around the terminal
- 100% GPS-controlled equipment
- State-of-the-art operating system, with online control of all processes
- 17 automatic gates with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) system
- OCR Operated Ship-To-Shore Cranes
Click here and learn how DataLiner helps Ports and Terminals on taking assertive decisions.